11 Ways To Quickly Increase Blog Traffic And Maintain Your Audience
Increasing traffic to your blog. This is crucial to the promotion of the product or business you are representing (The growth of Ecommerce is almost 20% of all business per year or more than $1 trillion dollars!) It is also vital to the enhancing of your own personal web presence. How? Engage your audience with the kind of style, content, attitude and approach, that will motivate them to share your posts.
Here are eleven guaranteed ways to maintain your audience, increase your blog traffic, and create a more positive web presence:
1. BE GENUINE – Get real with your customers. Put begging and selling to rest and focus on serving their needs.
2. CONNECT WITH THE RIGHT AUDIENCE. If you are targeting the wrong influencers, you’re wasting your time.
3. SHARE YOUR BLOG CONTENT – I have seen so many people who have great blog content that is not being shared on their social media sites, nothing. This is a disappointing waste of time.
4. PARTICIPATE. DON’T JUST READ – When you see a post in your influencer’s blog, comment. If you have a thought, solution, idea, anything – post it. Have some fun. Treat it like a conversation, you don’t have to be a Shakespeare or Chaucer. Write like you are talking with the blog – just as if you were talking with a friend.
5. LINK, LINK, LINK,- Share a link to the above mentioned thoughts, ideas and solutions. Share links back to your blog. Share links to your company blog.
6. PROMOTE WITH PICTURES – When you comment or post to your own blog use pictures. Most of people are visual. Unless you can write like Stephen King, a blog that is longer than two paragraphs will likely be boring without some kind of visual reference.
7. ENHANCE AVAILABILITY – Make sure your blog is set up for other people to share, subscribe, and comment. Connect every social media site that you are part of. If you’re not part of any, make it a priority to get on at least four.
8. REFERENCE YOURSELF – When commenting on a blog, reference back to your own blog to support your theories, ideas, contributions, when it’s relevant. Don’t leave comments like, “great content,” with a URL of your own stuff. DO write, “This is really great information and I was just talking about this on my own blog. Would you mind if I added a URL to my post at www….” Give and you shall receive.
9. SUPPORT YOUR OWN BLOG – Comment on your own blog and keep it updated with great content. If you come up with a better idea later, post it. If someone else comes up with a better idea, share it – and always give them credit. Transparent honesty is crucial. People are not stupid.
10. JOIN FORUMS AND ONLINE GROUPS – Share ideas with like-minded individuals. Include hyper-links in your blog signature.
11. PROMOTE GENUINELY BUT GENTLY – This rule is abused a lot. Don’t be an irritating, “spammy,” Sammy Salesman. Sell without selling. Sell yourself, your ideas, your opinions, by always speaking to the readers’ interests, not your own. Your followers will increase, your web presence will increase, your blog will be mentioned more and more. When you gently but genuinely sell yourself in this way, you will eventually and naturally increase the sales of your product or service.
Don’t forget to “share” this post if something was useful!