Abstract: Are You Breaking The Rules Of Social Media?
We do hours of research ever week to educate ourselves on the best practices and to find the very best content for our followers. There is so much content out there that we simply can only share the best of the best, so when one of our social media strategists stumbled across this unique podcast on Madlemmings.com, we had to pass it on. There are literally thousands of articles out there about better social media practices. Some of them are better than others but more often then not they say the same thing over and over again. This podcast stood out among the buzz because Ian Anderson Gray and the host breach more in-depth subjects like paying for followers, trying to cheat by posting the same content across different platforms, when to properly sell and when to shut up.
A summary of the podcast:
- Why just saying “Thanks” on social media is not enough
- How to limit social media automation and still be present on social media
- The importance of understand and using different social media channels the right way
- How fake followers can kill your reputation
- Why you should limit how thin you spread yourself on Social Media
- Don’t just shout and sell your stuff
- Be human and connect with people on a real level
- Share useful content and don’t hold things back
When you visit this blog post to get the podcast you’ll also notice a section at the bottom that lists resources such as Triberr, Commun.it, Followerwonk, etc. These resources are discussed in the podcast and some might be useful for your social media needs. Check em out!