Instagram is the frontrunner in the world of social media and sharing. While Facebook and Twitter might have more users, according to this article, Instagram Gets More Interaction Than Other Social Media Platforms, Instagram seems to encourage interactions. The article claims that Instagram gets more “likes” and comments which is completely possible. Humans are visual creatures and pictures usually inspire us and draw us in. However, there is also a possibility of visibility due to each platforms threads and the way that they are programmed. Still, considering the fact that pictures are so powerful maybe the visual nature of Instagram pulls us in and makes us want to interact? Have you noticed a difference between Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter?
- Social media and your small business: Perfect together (hiscoxusa.com)
- Three Emerging Social Media Trends Marketers Can Capitalize On (business2community.com)
- Insta-Sales? Soldsie Expands From Facebook-Based E-Commerce To Include Support For Instagram (techcrunch.com)
Pinterest grew at the speed of light. The brilliance of Pinterest is that it appeals to our obsession with wanting, planning, yearning, and it allows us to organize all of it, neatly, in a visually appealing way. I personally have friends who spend hours on day planning weddings when they’re not even engaged, or designing a “dream home.” Other friends put together outfits, and some use it to harvest great jokes for their weekend poker games. Business’ are using it to boost their sales in a way they never could before. In order to properly use Pinterest and get the best results it’s helpful to have the right tools and the know-how to make it happen. Here is a great article on Five Pinterest Tools that will help you use Pinterest in the smartest way possible.
- Use Instagram and Pinterest to Personalize Your Apartment Decor (apartmentguide.com)
- 3 Unexpected Ways to Use Pinterest in the Office (grasshopper.com)
- Falling In Love With Pinterest For Business (socialsolutionscollective.com)
- 7 Pinterest Tips for Nonprofits (blogs.constantcontact.com)
- Here’s Why Marketing On Pinterest Actually Helps E-Commerce, Brands, And Retailers Drive Sales (businessinsider.com)
If you’re unfamiliar with Instagram I can sum it up for you in one sentence: It’s Facebook but with pictures as the main form of sharing instead of one or two sentence updates. It’s a way to constantly update your life online with images from your Iphone or whatever device you use. You might be wondering why in the h%/& that would be even remotely useful for your business but you’d be surprised. Humans are visual creatures so sneak peaks of products or services delivered in the subtle form of a social media photo can go a lot further than expensive product placement photos. As this article on 25 Tips for Using Instagram in business says, “cuteness sales.” I think the five-billion cat pictures online supports this statement as internet fact.
- The Science of Turning Instagram Followers into Customers (business2community.com)
- Instagram’s first ad showed up today, so let’s all over-analyze it (digitaltrends.com)
- 5 Charts That Show How Mobile And Social Media Are Taking Over Commerce (businessinsider.com)
- Welcome To The Unicorn Club: Learning From Billion-Dollar Startups (techcrunch.com)