Sometimes the first inclination that business owners have is the urge to recreate the wheel when in fact they just need to fasten four of them to a plank and drive. Terrible description? I tried. What I’m trying to say is that not every part of your marketing campaign needs to be built from scratch. A huge part of social media is simply being online “friends” with other people who have similar interests or who have an audience similar to your demographic. “Like” a page here, “favorite” a Tweet there, and you’re well on your way without the pain and suffering of starting from the very beginning. This is a great article on the full 5 Strategies To Build A Network Of Bloggers Or Journalists.
- 21 Email Marketing Strategies for Bloggers (socialbarrel.com)
- 3 Ways To Set Yourself Apart From Your Online Competition (theworkathomewoman.com)
- 10 Paid Strategies for Bloggers (socialbarrel.com)
- I Believe in the Power of Blogs: They Make Us Understand (zemanta.com)
One of the best ways to get exposure for your eCommerce business is to blog or be featured in other blogs. Writing for someone else’ blog opens up your business (or blog) to their audience. Many blogs get hundreds to thousands of views every day. It’s inexpensive and can be incredibly effective if you find blogs with an audience that matches your existing customer demographic (and since there are thousands of blogs out there, it will be a piece of cake). If you’re seen in multiple blogs then you’ll be seen by multiple audiences. Since there is no cost involved you have nothing to lose. If you want to get started but you don’t know how to begin check out this article on How To Get Started Guest Posting.
- Size Doesn’t Matter: 26 Things You Must Do To Continually Grow Your Business or Blog (epicecommercetools.com)
- The Art Of Guest Blogging: How To Hit It Right With A Strategy? (benchmarkemail.com)
- How to Protect Your Reputation While Guest Blogging (business2community.com)
- 7 Steps To Getting Your Visionary Company Noticed (ceo.com)
1. Realize what social media really has become. Social media isn’t just for teenagers to post about their crushes. It’s the main way that most people of many demographics communicate. It isn’t something you should attempt in a lazy, occasional way. Social media should be taken seriously, regardless if you’re a multi-million dollar company, a startup, or a blog.
2. Similarly to number 1, blogs need to be taken seriously. They are not simply live journals anymore. Blogs influence opinions, they are a news source, they have power, and many of them earn hundreds of thousands of dollars and have millions of views every year. MILLIONS. Understand the blog world. The success of your eCommerce site will depend on it.
Get blog tips from http://www.PlatformUniversity.com founder and NY Times Best-Selling author, Michael Hyatt as he shares the top blogging mistakes he made, how to avoid making them yourself and blogging tips for building a more loyal following in much less time.
- Blogging to build a business (rucreativebloggingfa13.wordpress.com)
- How To Turn Your Blog Into A Networking Powerhouse (heidicohen.com)
- A Different Kind of “to-do” List I learned from Michael Hyatt (wordswithheath.wordpress.com)